Chef Sanjyot Keer
For fried noodles
1. In a bowl add 2 cups boiled noodles, a pinch salt, 1 tbsp corn-starch and mix it properly making sure that everything is coated.
2. Now deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. remove and keep aside for further use.
For american chopsuey
3. In a wok heat 2 tbsp oil and add 1 inch chopped ginger, 1 chopped green chilli, 1 clove of chopped garlic, saute it for half a minute.
4. Now add 1 medium sliced onion, 1 medium julienned carrot, 1/4 medium shredded cabbage, 1 medium julienned capsicum, 1/4 medium julienned red bell pepper, 1/4 medium julienned yellow bell pepper, 2-3 julienned baby corn and saute for a minute on high flame.
5. Then add 1.5 tbsp soy sauce and let it caramelize on high heat.
6. Once done add 1/4 cup tomato ketchup, 1/4 cup red chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, water, 1/2 tsp sugar, mix everything properly and bring it to a boil.
7. To make cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl add 1 tbsp cornstarch with 3- 4 tbsp water. whisk well to avoid any lumps. keep aside.
8. Then add 4-5 tbsp of prepared corn-starch slurry and 2 tbsp coriander stems and mix everything properly, continue cooking for a minute and switch off the flames.
9. Serve hot on a plate by placing the fried noodles first and then pour the sauce on it and garnish with spring onion greens.