Aloo Methi- South
South indian, north indian, Mains
1. Take the fenugreek leaves in a deep bowl, sprinkle a little salt over it, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Squeeze out all the water from the fenugreek leaves and keep aside. discard the squeezed water.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. When they crackle, add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the turmeric powder and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the fenugreek leaves and coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.