Aloo Gajjar Matar Ki Subji
North indian, Mains
Indian Vegetarian Recipes
1. For making the sabzi, prepare a tomato-green chilli paste. for this, roughly chop the tomatoes and place them in mixer jar, followed by green chillies.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and hing / asafoetida. when the seeds crackle, add turmeric powder, ginger paste, coriander powder and tomato-green chilli paste to the pan.
3. After this add red chilli powder and stir the masala constantly until oil starts leaving it edges.
4. Meanwhile chop the veggies. rinse carrots and potatoes thoroughly and chop them into fine chunks. keep stirring the masala at regular intervals.
5. When the masala is roasted well, now add chopped veggies, peas and salt. mix everything really well so that they are coated well with the masala.
6. After this, add 1/4 cup water to the sabzi, cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. do check at regular intervals.
7. After 5 minutes, check the sabzi. if there is some water left in the sabzi and also the veggies are not cooked well. cover again and cook for 5 more minutes. if still the sabzi is not cooked thorough, let it cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. it will almost take 14 minutes to cook the sabzi.
8. When the sabzi is cooked through, add garam masala and coriander leaves. sabzi is now done and ready!
9. Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves. serve this sabzi with chapatti, paranthas or rice and relish eating.
1. It is compulsory to stir the sabzi at regular interval else the spices settle at bottom of the wok and can get overcooked.
2. You can use dry mango powder instead of tomatoes in the sabzi.
3. This recipe serves 3 to 4 members.