North indian, Mains
Dindigul Food Court
How to make crispy aloo fry
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add 4 potatoes and mix well making sure the oil is coated well. make sure to cut the aloo in equal sizes and rinse well.
2. Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame. spread the aloo over the kadai making sure the base is roasted well. once the base turns golden brown, give a stir. fry on medium flame until the aloo turns golden brown and crisp.
3. Now add ¾ tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp salt. mix well.
4. Finally, enjoy crispy aloo fry with hot steamed rice or as a side dish with rasam.
How to make chatpate aloo fry
5. In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add 1 tsp cumin seeds, pinch hing / asafoetida, 2 green chilli and few curry leaves. splutter the tempering without burning.
6. Add 4 aloo, ½ tsp salt and fry for a minute. make sure to cut the aloo in equal sizes and rinse well.
7. Now add ¼ tsp turmeric powder and mix well. cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until the aloo is cooked well.
8. Open the kadai and roast for a minute, giving a crunchy texture. also, add 2 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well.
9. Finally, enjoy chatpate aloo fry with roti or as a side dish with rasam.
How to make masaledar aloo fry
10. In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 dried red chilli, pinch hing / asafoetida and saute until the spices turn aromatic.
11. Now add ½ onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute until the onions shrink.
12. Further, add 4 aloo and ½ tsp salt. saute for a minute making sure the aloo is coated well with oil. cover and simmer for 5 minutes. keep stirring in between to prevent from burning.
13. Now sprinkle 2 tbsp water. cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the aloo is cooked well.
14. Further, add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¾ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala and ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder. mix well making sure all the spices are well combined.
15. Also, add 2 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well. finally, enjoy masaledar aloo fry with roti or as a side dish with rasam