Achari Paneer Tikka
North indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take curd.
2. Further add mustard powder, chili powder, turmeric, fennel powder, cumin powder, garam masala, methi powder, ajwain and kasuri methi leaves.
3. Also add ginger garlic paste. additionally add 2 tbsp mustard oil or any cooking oil.
4. Now add lemon juice. furthermore add salt to taste. whisk smooth making sure the spices are mixed well with the curd.
5. Now add capsicum, onions and paneer / cottage cheese. mix gently without breaking paneer.
6. Further, cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour or more.
7. Place the marinated paneer, capsicum and onions over tawa and pan fry.
8. Roast the tikkas on medium flame on both side with oil as required.
9. Now insert the marinated paneer, capsicum and onions into wooden skewers.
10. Also garnish with leftover tikka sauce.
11. Finally, serve achari paneer tikka with green chuntey and few salads.
1. Firstly, use mustard oil for more achari flavour.
2. Additionally, add cherry tomatoes to make tikka more tasty.
3. Also use fresh homemade paneer / cottage cheese for more rich taste.
4. Finally, add a tsp of mango pickle to make achari paneer tikka more flavourful.
5. This recipe serves 2.