1. In a pan heat about 3 tablespoons oil, add half teaspoon cumin seeds, two finely chopped green chilies. sauté this very well.
2. Next add two medium-sized chopped potatoes cut into cubes and mix it all together keeping the flame on low. cover and cook on low flame till potatoes are cooked well.
3. Add one medium sized tomato cut into cubes, 3 teaspoons or tablespoons peanuts as per your taste. mix it well, cover and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
4. Then add one cup mordhan / samak rice, mix it well. then add 2 cups water, cover and cook till the mordhan / samak rice cooks well.
5. After about seven minutes, open the lid to check the mordhan, stir and you will see that the mordhan is ready to be served. garnish with chopped coriander leaves.