1. In a mixer jar crumbled mawa and add chestnut flour, milk and prepare a smooth batter. leave aside about 2 tablespoon milk for further use.
2. Transfer the batter in a bowl. it should have a pouring consistency. keep the batter aside for 15 to 20 minutes so that it becomes fluffy and will settle.
3. For the syrup add sugar and water to a pan. turn on the flame and let the sugar dissolve in water completely and check. keep mixing.
4. To check if the sugar syrup is ready you need to make sure it is of one string consistency.
Add cardamom powder and keep it aside.
5. Heat some ghee in a pan and keep it on low flame. to fry the malpua, the ghee should be medium hot.
6. Put as many malpua in the pan. flip the malpua once cooked from one side and fry till they become golden brown from both the sides. make sure they are not dark brown.
7. Do not add malpua in very hot ghee. now dip the malpua in the syrup for 3 to 4 minutes. 8. take out the malpua from the soaked syrup and serve it hot garnished with pistachios.