1. Wash and soak sama rice for half an hour.
2. Drain off the excess water and then grind it in a mixer gender. blend into a fine paste. you may even use sama flour.
3. In a pan add this fine paste with 3/4 cup water, 3/4 teaspoon rock salt, crushed black pepper and continuously stir till it comes to a dough like consistency.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of oil or ghee. switch off the flame and keep it covered for five minutes.
5. After five minutes, transfer it to another bowl. add two green chilies, ginger, carrot, coriander leaves and mix it well using a spoon.
6. Grease your hands with little oil and take a small portion of the dough and roll it into finger chips like shape and keep it aside in a plate. repeat it for the entire dough.
7. Now for steaming these fara's, boil some water in a kadai and cover it with a steel sieve.
8. Grease the steel sieve with oil and once the water starts boiling, place these finger chips like faras and let them steam for about 15 minutes. cover the lid while cooking.
For the chutney
9. In a mixer grinder, add the ingredients for dhaniya chutney and grind it. dhaniya chutney is ready.
For the tadka of steamed fara's
10. In a kadai, add oil, then add sesame seeds, 2 slit green chilies and add the steamed fara's.