1. Peel the skin of 2 apples, cut the apples into halves and de-seed them. grate the apples.
2. Take ghee in a wok on medium flame and transfer the grated apples to the wok. sauté and stir continuously. cook until the water evaporates and the apple is cooked well.
3. Transfer the cooked apple to a plate and let it cool completely.
4. Take milk in a pan and heat it on low to medium flame. add saffron strands and mix. stir continuously to avoid burning of milk.
5. Bring the milk to a boil. next add condensed milk and stir continuously. boil for 10 minutes or until the milk thickens.
6. Add sugar. this is optional. after sugar melts, stir continuously till you get desired consistency.
7. When milk has taken perfect consistency, add green cardamom powder. stir and mix. flavoured milk is ready. pour it in a bowl and let it completely cool down.
8. When both flavoured milk and cooked apple have attained room temperature, add the cooked apple to the thickened milk. mix nicely using a whisk. delicious apple kheer is ready. you can also keep it in the refrigerator.
9. Divide the apple kheer into two portions. add a drop of any natural food colour in one and mix it properly. transfer it into small bowls.
10. Garnish it with alternate coloured apple kheer and garnish it with chopped cashew nuts, slivered pistachios, saffron, apple cubes and slices.
1. This recipe serves 5-6 people.
2. Add sugar if you like more sweet or if the apples are less sweet.
3. We can use any food colour instead of natural food colour if it’s not being made for vrat.