1. Grind together 1 cup sama chawl and 1/2 cup sabudana. keep this ground powder aside in a bowl.
2. Take 1/2 cup of this finely ground powder and refrigerate the rest for future use.
3. Dry roast half cup of this powder and keep it aside. in a pan add little oil, chopped green chilies and grated ginger. sauté it for a few seconds. next add the dry roasted rice-sabudana ground powder.
4. Add 1 cup of water and stir this very well to avoid getting of any lumps made. add sendha namak to taste and let the water dry.
5. Next add one boiled and mashed potato and mix it well. switch off the flame.
6. Heat some oil in a pan to deep fry the vadas. make small round vadas with this mixture. add some of the dry ground powder on top of the round vadas to avoid it from breaking. deep fry these in the oil till they are golden and crispy. they need not be cooked from inside.
7. After two minutes put them in water for five to six minutes. whisk the curd, add seedha namak, and stir it well.
8. Transfer these soaked vadas in a serving bowl, add the curd on top of it. add red chilli powder to taste, bhuna jeera to taste, meethi chutney to taste, little pomegranate and chopped coriander leaves. vrat style dahi wada is ready to serve.