1. In a bowl, grate three medium-sized boiled potatoes using a grater. using a spoon mix the grated potatoes very well. make sure not to take raw potatoes but boiled ones.
2. Soak 1 cup of samak rice for 1 hour. you may even use samak flour in place of samak rice.
3. Transfer the soaked rice in a blender, add curd and little water. you may even use lemon juice in place of curd.
4. In the same mixer jar add 2 to 3 green chillies, 1 inch ginger and 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds (optional). grind this into a smooth paste.
5. Transfer this ground paste into the grated potatoes. add black pepper powder, rock salt to taste, chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. this paste should be thick and not very thin as it will be easier for it to get cooked.
6. In a non-stick pan, add 2 to 3 tablespoon of ghee, mustard seeds and let them splutter. next add sesame seeds, curry leaves and give it a stir.
7. Transfer the potato-rice mixture in the pan on top of the tadka and flatten it a little from the top. do not mix this mixture with the tadka. keep the flame on medium and cover it to cook for 10 minutes. 8. to check if it’s cooked, put a toothpick inside the potato pancake. if it comes out clean it means it is cooked well.
9. Once it is cooked from one side, flip it over to cook the other side as well. add little oil or ghee on the side so that the oil goes down and cooks the other side as well.
10. Potato pancake is ready to be served.