1. Rinse, peel and grate 200 grams or 1 cup lauki (half of a medium sized lauki).
2. In a thick bottomed pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee. add the lauki and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Now add 2 cups of milk and on a low to medium flame simmer the milk stirring at intervals.
4. After 6 minutes add few saffron strands.
5. Keep on cooking the milk, till it is reduced a bit. stir often and scrape the milk solids from the sides and add them to the simmering milk.
6. Overall cook the milk for 16 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
7. Once the milk has reduced a bit, add sugar. stir very well so that the sugar dissolves. also add 1/4 tbsp cardamom powder.
8. Add chopped dry fruits like cashews and almonds. simmer for 3 minutes and serve it chilled.