1. Preheat oven to 180°c. line an 8x8 square pan with butter paper.
2. Wash and pat dry fresh strawberries. chop them and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together lemon zest and sugar. use your fingers to press and make a crumbly texture and release extra moisture.
4. Now add dry ingredients namely flour, baking powder and salt. mix everything well.
5. In the same bowl, add melted butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. whisk everything till well combined.
6. Now add strawberries and fold them in.
7. Transfer the batter into lined square tin and level it using a spatula.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180°c for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Now for the icing, puree strawberries and strain out seeds. add icing sugar and mix everything together.
10. Once blondies are cooled down, spread the icing on top of them, slice and serve.