1. Preheat oven to 170°c. line a loaf tin with butter paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar till it becomes nice, creamy and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Now add eggs, one at a time and keep mixing together.
5. Next, sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt and mix everything well.
6. Lastly, add milk and fold the batter gently till it comes to a smooth consistency.
7. Pour the batter into a loaf tin and bake for about 55-60 minutes. allow to cool for around half an hour, slice and serve.