1. In a bowl add 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt to taste, two tablespoon ghee or butter, combine well. hold shape perfect consistency.
2. Add 1/3 cup water and mix well using your hands. add some more water and knead a tight dough. cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again. roll it like a thick chapati using a rolling pin.
4. Using a cutter, cut all of its 4 sides so that the rolled dough formed is in the shape of a square.
5. Next using a cutter, thin slices of the rolled dough and cut them in 4 inch long pieces just like that of french fries.
6. Heat some oil and add these in slightly hot oil. fry them for about 10 to 12 minutes on low flame till light golden in colour. let them cool down completely.
7. In a pan, add half cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. give it a thorough mix. let the sugar melt with the water and let it come to a boil. boil it for two minutes.
8. Keep the sugar syrup away from the gas and add these fried pieces into the sugar syrup. keep mixing.