1. In a mixing bowl, add 150 grams spilt bengal gram, 500 milliliters water and soak for 3-4 hours.
2. In another bowl, add 150 grams rice, 500 milliliters water and soak for 3-4 hours.
3. Now, take soaked and drained spilt bengal gram in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1.5 tablespoons green chili, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds and 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorn.
4. Transfer the ingredients into blender and blend it into smooth paste.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan, add blended paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric and stir well.
6. Now, add 1.5 tablespoons coriander, mix well and remove the pan from heat.
7. Now take soaked and drained rice in blender and blend in into smooth paste.
8. Take 300 millilters water in a heavy skillet, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, stir and bring it to boil.
9. Now, add blended soaked rice, stir well. cover the lid and cook for at least 5-7 minutes.
10. Remove the lid and combine it together with the help of spatula.
11. Now, take out the rice batter in a mixing bowl and knead it well to make a smooth dough.
12. Dust some rice flour over the flat surface ,take a small ball from the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin.
13. Place some prepared mixture in the centre and seal the edges making sure there is no gap.
14. Take a fork and press it over the sealed edges .
15. Now, place it in a steamer, cover it properly. steam it from 10-15 minutes. serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe serves 5 people.