1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup maida and add 2 tbsp ghee.
2. Crumble and mix well making the flour is moist.
3. Now add ¼ cup water and knead smooth and soft dough.
4. Grease the dough with oil. cover and rest for 15 minutes.
5. Dust the dough with maida and roll with the rolling pin. roll as thin as possible making sure to dust maida as required.
6. Now cut the sides forming a large square/rectangle.
7. Start to roll tightly from one side.
8. Dust maida on each roll to prevent layers from sticking to each other. roll the cylinder tight to remove any air gaps if present.
9. Cut it into 1 inch pieces and slightly flatten.
10. Fry on low-medium flame till they turn crispy and golden in colour.
11. Immediately drop the fried kajas into the warm sugar syrup.
12. Soak them in the syrup for 5 minutes.
13. Finally, serve madatha kaja or store in an airtight container for 10-15 days.