1. Heat a pressure cooker, add split green gram, split skinless bengal gram, split skinless pigeon pea, onion, tomato, curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chillies and 3 cups water and mix well.
2. Cover the cooker with a lid and pressure cook the gram mixture till 4-5 whistles are released.
3. Open the lid of the cooker once the pressure reduces completely. stir well. take the cooker off the heat.
4. For the tempering, heat ghee in a pan, add garlic and sauté till the garlic turns golden brown.
5. Add the prepared gram mixture and mix well. cook for a minute and take the pan off the heat.
6. Transfer the dal into bowl. garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with steamed rice.