For besan ki tikki
1. In a mixing bowl, combine gram flour, poppy seeds, green chillies, crushed pomegranate seeds, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, salt, fresh coriander, oil and mix nicely.
2. Add a little water and knead it into a stiff dough.
3. Divide into small equal portions and flatten them.
4. Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. add the tikkis and cook them for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame. remove them using a slotted spoon and keep it aside to dry for about 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil for deep frying on a medium flame. drop the tikkis in and fry till they turn golden brown. remove on absorbent paper to drain off the excess oil.
For the curry
6. Heat oil in a kadhai on a medium flame. add onions and sauté till golden.
7. Add tomatoes, green chillies and sauté till the tomatoes are soft.
8. Add all dried spices and cook for a few more minutes.
9. Add ¼ cup water and mix well, cover with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for few minutes.
10. Remove the lid and drop the fried tikkis in and mix well. add a little water and cook for 7-8 minutes more on low flame.
11. Top off with fresh coriander and stir. turn off the flame and serve hot with rice.
This recipe serves 4 people.