1. Apply a little salt to 1/2 cup grated bitter gourd, mix well and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes. squeeze and keep the water aside. this water can be used as given in the handy tip.
2. Combine the bitter gourd, 3/4 cup grated carrots, 3/4 cup boiled green peas, 1/4 cup paneer, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 2 tsp green chilli paste, 1 tbsp amchur / dried mango powder, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, salt to taste in a bowl and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into 50 mm. (2″) flat round tikkis.
4. Heat a non-stick tava / griddle and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
5. Cook each tikkis, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. keep aside.
1. The quantity mentioned in this recipe is for 8 tikkis.
2. While grating the bitter gourd, start grating without peeling and avoid including white portion and seeds inside it.
3. You will benefit from drinking the water squeezed from the karela as well. to cut its bitter taste, mix with a glass of water or tomato juice.