1. Peel 1 bottle gourd / lauki and cut into round slices.
2. In a bowl add 1 cup besan / gram flour, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1 tbsp crushed garlic / garlic paste, 1/3 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/3 tsp cumin powder, 1/3 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 1/3 tsp garam masala powder, salt to taste and mix it.
3. Add little water, mix it well to make a smooth thick batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan to deep fry the pakora.
5. Coat the lauki / bottle gourd slices with the prepared batter and gently put it in the hot oil one by one.
6. Fry the pakora from both sides till it turns golden brown.
7. Take out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil from it. serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe serves 4.