1. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp butter. then add 1/4 cup diced smoked ham, 2 tbsp finely diced onion and 2 tbsp finely chopped green bell pepper, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
2. Cook till onions and peppers start to soften and ham starts to caramelise a bit. keep stirring in intervals.
3. Whisk together 3 eggs in a bowl. reduce the heat from medium to low, and add in the whisked eggs in onion- ham-bell pepper mixture. mix everything well, and let it sit on medium-low heat to cook it from the bottom until the top is still wet but not runny.
4. Add in 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper to taste. wait for it to firm up until top looks sort of wet but not runny anymore.
5. Once cooked, fold the omelette. denver omelette is ready to be served!!