1. Heat milk on medium high adding sugar, condensed milk and cashew nuts
2. Bring this mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring continuously reducing it to half. remove and keep aside to cool.
3. In a bowl take 5 eggs. add to the eggs,1 teaspoon cardamon powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and 3/4th teaspoon nutmeg powder. whisk everything together.
4. Add the egg mixture to the cooled milk and mix well making a custard mixture.
5. Take 6 to 9 ramekins and grease them with butter. add charoli and almond flakes at the bottom of each ramekin.
6. Fill the ramekins with the custard mixture. take a deep tray and add water at the bottom of the tray.
7. Place the ramekins in this tray filled with water at the bottom. bake for 180°c for 40 minutes. remove and cool.
8. Garnish with almonds flakes and refrigerate. this custard can be had warm or cold.
1. The water bath (baking the custard in a water tray) is very important as the water creates steam in the oven while baking
2. This gives the custard a dark charr on top and lets it remain soft and creamy inside.