1. Marinate prawns with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. add coriander seeds, onions and sauté for a minute.
3. Add coconut and sauté for two minutes or till light golden in colour.
4. Cool and transfer into a mixer jar. add rice and sufficient water and grind into a smooth paste.
5. In another mixer jar, grind red chilies and garlic with sufficient water to a smooth paste.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. add ground coconut masala and sauté for two minutes.
7. Add red chilli and garlic masala and mix well.
8. Add prawns and cook for two minutes.
9. Next, add malwani masala and mix well.
10. Add ¼ cup water and cook for two minutes.
11. Add coconut milk and simmer for two minutes.
12. Add kokum petals and stir.
13. Drizzle with coconut oil and serve hot.