1. Clean & devein the prawns. wash & leave in a colander for the water to drain.
2. Soak the basmati rice for 30 mins.
3. Slice the onions & chop the green chillies, coriander & curry leaves.
4. Take out the mint leaves, chop half of it.
For the prawn mixture
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai or pan & add the prawns. fry it on high heat for around 30 secs till water dries up.
6. Add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, mix & fry for 2 min on medium heat.
7. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder & 1 tsp salt. mix & fry on low heat for around 2 mins.
8. Switch off heat & add 2 tbsp each of chopped coriander leaves & mint leaves. add juice of 1/2 a lemon (2 tsp) mix & take it out on a plate.
For the pulao
9. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the whole garam masalas. once it splutters, add the sliced onions & fry on medium heat for around 12 mins till it starts turning brown.
10. Add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste & fry on low heat for around 1 min.
11. Now add the chopped green chillies & mint leaves & continue to fry on low heat for another minute.
12. Add 1.5 tsp coriander powder and add a splash of water to prevent it from burning. fry on low heat for 1 min.
13. For 2 cups (400gms) basmati rice, add 700 ml water & let it come to a boil.
14. Add 2.5 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp garam masala powder. mix well.
15. Once the water is on a boil add the drained rice, mix well & cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the water nearly dries up.
16. Add the cooked prawns mixture, chopped coriander & curry leaves. mix well and cover & cook on low heat for around 10 mins till the rice is cooked. optionally add 1 tsp of ghee and give a mix. mix and serve