1. Grind the masala paste with ginger, garlic, soaked kashmiri red chili, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, water.
2. Add besan flour/ gram flour to the ground masala paste.
3. Clean the pomfret fish and make slits on the fish so that the masala seeps into the fish.
4. Apply the marinade masala on top of the fish and let it marinate for about 15 minutes.
5. After the fish has marinated, heat a kadai with some coconut oil.
6. Place the marinated fish in the hot oil and add curry leaves stalks on the side to give the fish some extra flavor.
7. Cook the fish for 5 minutes on each side.
8. Pomfret fish fry is ready to be served now.