1. Put fish pieces in a bowl. add turmeric powder, salt, garlic paste and lemon juice, mix well and set aside to marinate for 25-30 minutes.
2. Mix together gram flour, chilli paste, curry leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves, sesame seeds, carom seeds, yogurt, salt, 1 cup water and rice flour, mix well to make a thick batter.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Dip the marinated fish pieces in the batter till well coated, slide them into hot oil and deep-fry till golden brown. drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with green chutney.