1. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for 1st marination. keep it aside for around 30 mins.
2. Put all the ingredients for 2nd marination in a blender/ mixie and blend into a green paste.
3. Once the chicken has been marinating for 30 mins, pour this green paste over the marinated chicken. keep it aside for an hour.
4. Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai & heat the oil.
5. Add the marinated chicken & fry on high heat for around 5 mins.
6. Now lower the heat to medium & cook for around 10 mins or till the green masala is cooked.
7. Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder & 1 tsp salt & mix well. cook covered for around 15 mins.
8. Now add the pepper powder & mix it well. cook covered again for another 5 mins till the chicken is soft & oil separates. serve hot with roti, naan or pulao rice.