1. In a bowl take 50 gms of melted butter. add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1.5 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, 2-3 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar, salt to taste, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste. mix everything well. you can also add 1/2 tsp pepper powder (optional). marinate is ready!
2. Take 1 whole chicken (around 1.5 kgs). clean it well and pat dry with kitchen towel. poke it with a knife.
3. Now apply the marinate all over the chicken. apply masala and massage it well. cover and refrigrate for 4 hours or overnight. it is recommended to marinate it overnight.
4. Take it out 1 hour before roasting. place it in a baking tray. tie the legs with a thread.
5. Pre-heat oven at 200 °c. cover it with aluminium foil and bake it for 45 minutes at 200 °c.
6. After 45 minutes, pour the juices over the chicken. bake for another 45 minutes without covering. spoon some of the juice after every 15 minutes of baking. in this way chciken wont get dry.
7. Delicious roasted chicken is ready.
1. Marination is very important, the more you marinate your chicken will turn more juicy and tender. so, marinate chicken for overnight.
2. Baking time and temperature, it took 1.5 hours to cook the chicken, don’t over bake the chicken. bake at 200 degrees celsius for first 45 minutes by covering with aluminium foil then bake for another 45 minutes without covering the chicken.
3. Pour the juices in the tray on chicken for every 15 minutes and bake it, in this way chicken won’t get dry and will taste so delicious.
4. I have baked chicken in bake mode for the first 45 minutes then on broil mode for another 45 minutes.
5. After baking the chicken, rest for 10 minutes and cut into pieces and serve.