1. Make a coarse paste of ginger, garlic, mint leaves and green chillies in a blender/ grinder. slice the onions and chop the coriander leaves.
2. Whisk the curd/yogurt and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai/pan. add the whole spices, give a stir and when it splutters, throw in the sliced onions.
4. Fry the onions on medium heat for around 10 mins until golden brown in colour.
5. Now add the coarse paste, give a mix and fry on low heat for around 2 mins.
6. Add the turmeric, coriander & garam masala powder, mix well and add a splash of water (4 tbsp). continue to fry it on low heat for another 2 mins.
7. Add the chicken pieces and fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
8. Now add salt and chopped coriander leaves, give a mix and continue to fry/bhunno on medium heat for 5 mins till the chicken is browned.
9. Now lower the heat and add the whisked curd/yogurt. mix well and continue to cook on low heat for around 5-6 mins till oil separates.
10. Add 150 ml water, mix well and cook covered on low heat for around 20 mins till chicken is tender. keep stirring in between.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and simmer for 2 mins.