1. To prepare the hung curd, strain the water from the curd or plain yogurt using a strainer or cloth to have a thick curd without any water. this may take 1.5 to 2 hrs, so plan accordingly.
2. You can use chicken tikka pieces or alternatively cut boneless chicken fillets into tikkas.
3. Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken fillets. cut into 2” tikka shapes.
4. For the 1st marinade, add all the ingredients, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. To prepare the 2nd marinade, add all the ingredients specified above in a bowl.
6. Whisk everything together and then add the marinated chicken pieces without the water that has released from the chicken . mix everything well so that the chicken tikka pieces are well coated with the marinade.
7. Set aside to marinate for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator. take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator after 3 hours & keep it in room temperature for 1 more hour before skewering & placing in the oven.
8. Skewer the marinated chicken tikkas on a metal skewer 4 at a time.
9. Lay the skewers on a foil lined baking tray
10. Preheat the oven/otg to 250°c.
11. Slide in the tray in the top slot of the oven.
12. Roast for 10 minutes at 250°c. after 10 minutes turn the chicken tikkas.
13. Roast for another 10 minutes at 250°c on the other side.
14. Remove and baste with melted butter. reduce the oven temperature to 200°c.
15. Roast for 7-8 minutes at 200°c. flip the chicken and continue basting with melted butter.
16. Finally roast for another 6-7 minutes at 200°c. remove the tray once the edges of the chicken are lightly charred. serve as an appetizer.