1. Add chickpeas in a pressure cooker. take a muslin cloth and add tea leaves and dried amla in the middle and tightly tie to form a potli.
2. Add the potli into the pressure cooker and add 3-4 cups water, salt, and place the cooker on heat. cook under pressure till 7-8 whistles are released. allow the pressure to reduce completely.
3. Heat ghee in a kadai.
4. Slit green chillies and set aside.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes. add tomato puree and mix well. add salt, mix and cook till fat separates.
6. Add tata sampann punjabi chhole masala and sauté for 2-3 minutes. add the cooked chickpeas mixture and slit green chillies.
7. Discard the eye of the tomatoes and cut them into quarters and add them into the pan. mix till well combined. cover and cook for 6-8 minutes.
8. Cut the cottage cheese into ½ inch cubes.
9. Mash the chole with the back of the spoon, add the cubed cottage cheese and gently mix well. cook for 1 minute, take the pan off the heat.
10. Transfer the prepared mixture into a serving bowl, garnish with ginger strips and coriander sprigs. serve hot with bhature, sirka kanda, lemon wedges and green chillies.