1. Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, and oil. keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a kadai, splutter cumin seeds.
3. Add the onion and green chillies, saute until onions turn translucent.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the marinated chicken, fry until the colour of the chicken changes.
6. In a small mixing bowl add coriander powder, cumin powder, and pepper powder. add a little water and prepare the paste.
7. Add this paste to the chicken. fry until oil oozes out.
8. In the mean time, prepare the green chutney.
9. In a grinder, add the coriander leaves and the mint leaves. add 2 tbsp of yogurt. grind this to a fine paste.
10. Once the oil starts oozing out of the chicken, add the green chutney and fry for 5 to 10 minutes on low flame. cover and cook, stir from time to time so that the chicken doesn't get burnt.
11. After few minutes check for the salt and consistency of the gravy. adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding little water if you want the gravy to be thin.
12. Add the garam masala powder, cover and cook for 2 more minute. turn off heat.
13. Serve hot with roti, paratha or rice