1. Firtly, cook 3 small beetroots in a pressure cooker and grate it to get two cups of grated beetroot.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan and roast the oats for a few minutes, until you get a roasted aroma. once roasted, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
3. Add the roasted oats, mint leaves into a dry mixer jar & combine to make a coarse mixture.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the above coarse mixture with boiled & grated beetroot + red chilli powder + cumin powder + cut green chillies+ salt to taste. you will get a soft but well binding dough like mixture.
5. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
6. Divide the minty beetroot & oats cutlet mixture into 8-10 portions. grease your fingers with oil and flatten the cutlet mixture and shape them round.
7. Dip both its sides into dry corn flour.(optional)
8. Grease and preheat a skillet/tawa on medium heat. place the beetroot & oats cutlet portions onto the skillet. drizzle little oil and cook on both sides until lightly browned & crisp.
9. Serve with a green chutney /tomato ketchup / as a great tea time snack along with a cup of tea.