1. Separate the malabar spinach leaves from its stem and chop them.chop the leaves into small pieces and stem into 1 inch size.
2. Remove the peels of the dried jackfruit seeds and crush them.
3. In a vessel, firstly cook the jackfruit seeds( bikkand) + the malabar spinach stems with adequate water.
4. After 5 min, further add the malabar spinach leaves and cook them.
5. For the masala paste, in a mixer jar, add grated coconut + roasted red chillies + tamarind & grind it well. further add raw mustard seeds (sasam) + salt and grind it to a smooth paste.
6. Add this masala to the cooked vegetables and cook the masala.
7. Finally make a tempering with mustard seeds+ curry leaves + oil.
8. Serve with hot rice/ roti.