1. Cut the mango into small pieces and keep aside.
2. In a kadai/wok , heat 2 tbsp of oil and roast all these ingredients: kotambari seeds +urad dal seeds +methi seeds +sesame seeds +red chillies +grated coconut.
3. Cool the above spices & make a masala paste in a mixer jar with required water.
4. In the same kadai/ vessel, heat another tbsp of oil, make a tempering with mustard seeds and curry leaves. further add the masala paste.
5. Add salt & jaggery powder as required to the boiling masala mixture.
6. Add the raw mango pieces & cook them along with masala.
7. Turn off the flame once the mango pieces are cooked & the gravy thickens.
8. Menaskai is ready to serve with hot rice / roti