1. Make halwa first. in a large wok, heat some ghee. roast dry fruits and keep them aside in a plate.
2. Now add 4 cups of grated carrot and cook on medium flame till it turns soft. it should take around 25-30 minutes.
3. Once carrots are cooked and shrunk in volume, add milk and allow it to come to a boil.
4. Reduce the flame and let the milk and carrots mixture cook for about 30 minutes till milk reduces to half of its initial quantity.
5. Now add sugar, roasted dry fruits and khoya and cardamom.
6. Mix well till the mixture becomes dense and moisture evaporates completely.
7. Garnish with saffron strands.
8. Now for rabdi, take a large pan and boil milk till it reduces to half.
9. Add sugar and further reduce to 1/3rd. keep scraping the sides.
10. Add saffron and chopped nuts.
11. Allow to cool.
12. For serving, take dessert bowls and add 2 teaspoons of halwa, topped with chilled rabdi and garnish with chopped nuts.