1. Take a wide saucepan and add some better. as the butter melts, add the whole spices (cinnamon, cloves and cardamom) to the pan. add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds and give it a quick stir.
2. After a few seconds, add the chopped garlic and ginger to the pan. saute for a few moments.
3. Now add the roughly chopped onions to the pan. saute until the onions turn golden brown in colour.
4. Now, add the roughly chopped tomatoes to the pan. season it with some salt and saute it until the tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Now, turn off the stove and let the mixture cool.
6. Add a little water and grind the mixture to a nice fine puree.
7. Cut the paneer into medium-sized cubes.
8. Add the puree to the saucepan and dilute it with a little water. add the peas to the puree and mix it in. close the saucepan with a lid and let it cook for fifteen minutes.
9. Now, add the kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder to the pan and mix it well. season it with some salt.
10. Add some sugar to the pan and mix it in. close the pan with a lid and let it cook for another five minutes.
11. Now, reduce the flame and remove the lid. the gravy must have thickened nicely.
12. Now, add the paneer cubes to the gravy and mix it in, making sure the paneer cubes are completely coated. close the lid and cook on a medium flame for about five more minutes.
13. Your matar paneer is ready to be served! serve it with some hot chapatti or any other indian breads for the best taste!