For dahi wali hari chutney
1. Add all the ingredients except the curd in a blending jar and grind to make a chutney, adjust the consistency by adding water, make sure the chutney is not too thin
2. Once the chutney is made, mix it with curd and whisk well. your dahi wali hari chutney is ready. keep it refrigerated until you serve it.
For soya chaap
1. Transfer all the ingredients mentioned in achari masala powder in a grinding jar and grind to a fine powder.
2. I am using the canned soya chaap, you can use frozen chaap as well, remove the stick from the chaap and fry in hot oil on medium high flame until crisp and golden brown. cut the fried chaap in 2-3 pieces and keep aside for marinating.
3. As i am doing 2 different marination, one is afghani and one is achari, i’ll divide the soya chaap by putting 6 sticks in afghani and reaming 6 in achari. you can make any of the marination as per your preference.
4. For afghani marination, add the all the ingredients of marination except the punjabi mango aachar and whisk well, add the fried soya chaap pieces and mix well, marinate for 15-20 minutes.
5. For achari soya chaap, just add 2 tbsp of punjabi mango achar masala (if you're adding the mango piece as well make sure to grind along with the masala), and mix it with the afghani marinade made.
6. Further marinade the soya chaap for the same time. you can also use the regular achar masala or the achar powdered masala, along with achar masala add little mustard oil as well for the flavour.
7. After marinating for 15-20 minutes, take a skewer and skew the marinated soya chaap along with some diced capsicum and onion petals.
8. If you're having bamboo skewers make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
9. Once skewed, cook them on open flame to get the charred texture, apply melted butter all over the chaap for that distinct flavour and recook them briefly on open flame.
10. If you're having oven at home, you can simply avoid the step of frying the soya chaap and simply marinate the soya chaap pieces and cook them in a preheated oven at 200°c for 7-8 minutes or until you get charred texture over the chaap.
11. Your afghani soya chaap/achari soya chaap is ready. you can serve at this stage as well with the dahi wali hari chutney. but i would suggest you to add few more ingredients just to elevate the elegance of the dish.
12. Remove the chaap from the skewer, and add the other ingredients mentioned in for assembly in order, mix lightly and serve immediately with some onion rings, dahi wali hari chutney and some chillies and lemons on side.
This recipe serves 4 to 5 people.