1. Take cleaned washed moth dal, soaked in water for upto 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Add dal, add water to cooker, salt, turmeric powder, baking soda. boil dal in cooker until a single whistle.
3. For masala, pour ghee in a pan. heat it, then add cumin seeds. reduce flame. add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chili, ginger paste. slightly roast the spices.
4. Add tomato puree, followed by red chili powder. roast the masala till ghee separates from it.
5. Once masala is ready, add dal from cooker to it. add garam masala, green coriander and mix well. cover and cook the dal for 2 minutes.
6. Take out the yummy moth dal in a bowl. pour some ghee oer it and garnish with green coriander and ginger julienne. have an enjoyable meal. relish this dal with roti, naan or rice.