1. Take a pan and add some ghee. when the ghee gets hot, add bay leaves, mustard seeds and when they crackle, add fennel seeds, kalonji, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and fry till you get a nice aroma lingering around the room.
2. Add coarsely crushed garam masala, sliced onions and sauté the onions are transparent.
3. Add salt, green chillies, hing, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, cook well until the raw flavours are gone.
4. Add garbanzo beans and cook in this masala.
5. In a separate bowl take some yogurt, add mustard powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, mango achaar and mix well.
6. Mix this yogurt spice into the channa masala and mix well.
7. Add the soaked basmati rice (soak rice for at least 1-2 hours and drain the water off). spread the rice evenly over the channa masala and pour about 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice and add salt, finely chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves.
8. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over slow flame till the rice is cooked and done. once done, serve piping hot.