1. To make yellow moong and urad dal pakoda, combine the yellow moong dal and urad dal in a deep bowl and soak in enough water for 3 hours. drain well.
2. Blend in a mixer till coarse using ½ cup of water.
3. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Serve the yellow moong and urad dal pakoda immediately with coconut chutney.
This recipe serves 6 people.