1. Measure and grind the coriander seeds and kashmiri red chillies to a coarse powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan/kadai and add broken red chillies, very finely chopped garlic, coconut bits. fry until the oil turns slightly red and garlic, coconut flavor gets to the oil.
3. Further, add chopped ginger, chopped small onions, big onions and season with salt.
4. Fry till the onions are brown. it will take 2-3 minutes. but, you take your time and fry in medium heat without burning it.
5. Furthermore, chopped tomatoes are added and cooked till they are mushy.
6. Later, when the tomatoes are cooked and soft, cleaned and washed chicken cut to bite sized pieces are added and mixed well.
7. Turmeric powder is added and chicken is fried for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
8. At this stage, half of the prepared coriander-red chilli powder is added and mixed well with the chicken.
9. Close and cook the chicken in medium heat for at least 30 minutes. stir in between and check for water. if it is dry, sprinkle little water. not more than few sprinkles. the water from the chicken is sufficient to cook.
10. After 30 minutes, open and the chicken will only be half cooked. add salt and the remaining powder (coriander-red chilli powder).
11. Lastly, also add curry leaves and gram flour to this.
12. Mix well, close and cook in medium / simmer heat for another 15 minutes.
13. Typically, the oil from the chicken and masala leaves out to the sides of pan and the chicken turns glossy/shiny. sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on top.
14. Mix well and serve hot with rice and rasam.