1. Soak rice for 4 hours or overnight and strain water and remove moisture and blend it into fine powder.
2. Take a pan add milk, once it comes to a boil, add sago and cook it.
3. Prepare jaggery syrup by dissolving jaggery in little water.
4. In another pan add jaggery syrup with little water and add little rice flour and mix it, later switch off flame.
5. Transfer it into a plate, add remaining rice flour and knead it to make a dough.
6. Place dough in murukku press and press it in boiling milk, or take small portion of dough and roll it using hands and place it in boiling milk.
7. In another pan boili the jaggery syrup into one string consistency or gulab jamun syrup consistency.
8. Once the thalikalu are cooked, add boiling jaggery syrup and mix nicely.
9. Atlast, add cardamom powder and mix it.
10. Now paala thalikalu is ready to serve.