1. Take a bowl add rice flour & salt. mix the dry mixture.
2. In a blender put ginger, curry leaves & green chillies & grind it to a fine paste .add this paste to the flour along with chana dal. mix well.
3. Add butter to the mixture and mix well as it will work as a binding agent. at this point add few drops of water. knead the dough.
4. Divide the dough in equal parts as desired. make small balls out of it similar to a dumpling. take a plastic sheet and rest the dumpling on it ,cover it with the other side of the plastic sheet & press it with your palm. (note:-the dough kneaded is appropriate only when it forms uneven edges when pressed on the sheet.)
5. Repeat the same procedure for all dumplings.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. ensure that oil has reached its correct temperature & then add chekkalu slowly. allow it to cook on medium flame.
7. They are ready to be served.