1.To a pan, add oil, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies and roast them for 2 minutes. turn off the stove and keep it aside.
2. To the same pan, add some oil. add the washed sorrel leaves. cook until they become mushy. turn off the stove. keep them aside. cool the mixture.
3. To a mixer jar, add the roasted spices and grind it to powder.
4. Add cloves of garlic and pulse it again.
5. To this add the cooked sorrel leaves and salt. grind together into a paste.
6. To another pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, garlic slices, asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves.
7. Once the mustard seeds splatter, turn off the stove and add the sorrel leave mixture. mix well.
8. Turn on the stove and cook the mixture until oil separates.
9. Andhra style gongura pachadi is ready to be served.