1. Rinse and soak the beans for 2 - 3 hours in 4 cups of water. after 2 - 3 hours, drain water from the beans.
2. Pressure cook the beans along with salt and approximately 2 cups of water. the soaked beans do not take more than 2 - 3 whistles over medium heat to get cooked. open the lid of the pressure cooker and check beans for doneness.
3. Transfer the beans to a metal colander. allow them to cool down completely.
4. Chop the vegetables and keep in the fridge while beans are cooling.
5. Meanwhile, in a pan add spices, and dry roast for 10 - 20 seconds till aromatic. set aside.
6. Combine boiled beans, vegetables, and the spices in a bowl. taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
7. Before serving add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and roasted peanuts. serve lobia chaat immediately.
1. Do not over cook the beans in a pressure cooker for this chaat recipe else they will turn out mushy.
2. If there is too much liquid in the boiled beans, transfer them to a metal colander, and remove the excess liquid.
3. You can boil the beans 1 - 2 days in advance and store in the fridge.
4. Allow the beans to cool down completely before adding the vegetables and coriander so that the crunch and freshness of vegetables remain intact.
5. Adjust the salt to taste as while boiling beans also some amount of salt is added.