1. Cut each bread slice into 4 equal pieces using a sharp knife. you will get 24 bread pieces in all. keep aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except the bread pieces and coriander leaves in a deep bowl along with approx. ¾ cup of water and whisk well.
3. Add the coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip one bread piece at a time in the batter and deep-fry on a medium flame till it turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. drain on an absorbent paper. you can deep-fry 5 to 6 pieces at a time.
5. Repeat step 4 to deep-fry more pakoras. serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
This recipe serves 6 persons.