1. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet, add 700 grams elephant foot yam and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy. drain it on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Heat 40 milliliters oil in a heavy skillet, add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger and saute for a minute.
3. Then, add 220 grams onions and fry till translucent.
4. Now, add 200 grams tomato, 2 teaspoons green chili and saute until it turns soft and pulpy. cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili and mix it well. also add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and stir well.
6. Then, add 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon dry fenugreek leaves and mix it well. cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
7. Transfer this into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
8. Now, transfer this into a heavy skillet, add 500 milliliters water and stir well. bring it to a boil.
9. Add 100 milliliters fresh cream and mix it well. cook for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
10. Now, add the fried elephant foot yam and mix it well. cook for another 7 - 10 minutes on medium heat. remove it from heat. garnish with coriander leaves. serve hot with roti.
This recipe serves 2 to 3 people.