1. Wash and peel the turnips and keep aside the skin for achaar.
2. Now in a cooker add ghee let it heat and then add the peeled turnips and saute it until light golden brown.
3. Turn the flame to low and then add white part of green garlic. saute for a minute and add turmeric powder, degi red chilli powder mix and add water.
4. Add some more ghee and salt in it, close the lid and give it a nice 4-5 whistles let it cool down and open it.
5. Once cooled enough start mashing the cooked turnips, mash it into a proper mixture and even texture.
6. Heat another pan add ghee, cumin seeds and let them splutter then add mashed turnips. saute for a minute and then add some cream in it and mix properly.
7. Bharta is ready to serve. enjoy it with prepared achaar, white butter and bajre ki roti.
For instant achaar
8. In a mixing bowl add turnip skin, green garlic, green garlic roots, mustard oil, salt, lime juice, crushed red chilli and mix it well.
9. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes and the achaar is ready to serve.